Block of Flats Insurance

  • Dedicated & qualified staff. No call Centres – just UK based traditional offices. Speak to a person in under 10 seconds from the time you dial 0800 085 3761.

  • Wide range of covers available, with Public Liability up to £5,000,000 & even £10,000,000 for larger blocks. Option to add Legal expenses, Terrorism Cover & Directors and Officers Cover. Communal Contents cover available. Multi-property discounts available.

  • Purpose Built Flats & House Converted to flats. Small & Large blocks. We are the number one provider for Management Agents & Right to Manage Companies in the UK.

Get A Quote:

Step 1 of 6

81% Of People Who Call Us


Get A Quote – It Will Take 2 minutes to fill in:

Step 1 of 6

As Property Insurance specialists for Block of Flats Insurance we have experience of providing cover for small or large apartments. This includes Insurance for long leaseholder occupants, private rentals, council support and a mixture of both. For larger blocks of flats / apartments, we also have experience of insuring lifts or escalators as requested. As a specialist insurance broker, we strive to give our clients the best service with:

  • Independent broker with approachable staff online or by phone

  • Bespoke Insurance Schemes & Portfolio Policies available

  • Competitive Premiums

  • Cover available for the buildings while the property is being converted, renovated or extended


  • Excellent communication so that you understand what risks you are insured against

We have over 40 years experience working with:

Who Needs Block of Flats Insurance?

If you own or manage a Block of Flats / Apartments, it’s important to ensure that you have the appropriate cover in place. Insuring a Block of Flats / Apartments requires different cover to standard residential buy to let cover as there are more areas of insurance to consider, it’s not as simple as having multiple Buy to Let Insurance Policies.

With a Block of Flats / Apartments Insurance policy, all areas of the building structure are covered, which means there is no ambiguity with communal areas. The policy can also provide Employers Liability Insurance for any persons employed for cleaning or maintenance of the building.

What does Block of Flats Insurance Cover Provide?

At Property Insurance Centre, we can tailor a Block of Flats / Apartment Insurance policy to your precise requirements so that you are covered for what you need and are not paying for cover that you don’t. We know that everyone’s Insurance needs are different and a ‘one cover fits all’ policy can leave you open to risks. There are two types of flats / apartments, first is Converted Flats / Apartments which is a house which has been converted into flats / apartments. The other is Purpose Built Flats / Apartments which have been built as flats / apartments.

If you own a leasehold flat / apartments, the building should be insured by the landlord who owns the freehold. Typically, it isn’t your responsibility to take out buildings cover (although you may still be paying the premiums, via your service charge).

This means that our Insurance policies all differ, however a standard Block of Flats / Apartments Insurance policy would typically consider:

  • Employers Liability up to £10,000,000 – This is a requirement by UK law if you employ anyone, whether full time or volunteers
  • Terrorism Cover available on request
  • Property Owners Liability – To cover you against any liability claims against you due to your negligence as a landlord. This cover is standard at £2,000,000 but can be increased if required
  • Alternative Accommodation – If your building becomes uninhabitable because of an insured peril occurring such as fire, this will cover the costs of finding alternative accommodation for your tenant or you if you reside in the property
  • Landlord Flat / Apartment Contents Insurance – If you let your flat furnished this will cover your contents against insured perils.
  • Communal Contents Insurance – This covers items in communal areas of the Block of Flats / Apartments such as carpets, sofas, blinds, pictures etc
  • Buildings Insurance – To provide cover for the physical building should any insured perils occur which could include a flood, burst pipes, fire etc.

Optional Cover can also be arranged for:

  • Cover to include Subsidence
  • Cover to include Legal Expenses
  • Cover to include Lift Insurance
  • Directors and Officers Insurance if you have a Resident’s Association for example.

Whether you own Victorian Conversion Flats / Apartments or a purpose built Block of Flats / Apartments, Property Insurance Centre will find the right cover for you.

Call our team now on 0800 085 3761 now to discuss your requirements and get your Block of Flats Insurance on Cover in minutes.