Shop Insurance

  • Cover for a wide range of shop types

  • Cover for stock, public liability & employers liability

  • Competitive premiums

We have over 40 years experience working with:

81% Of People Who Call Us


Get A Quote – It Will Take 5 minutes to fill in:

Step 1 of 3
Full Name that the insurance needs to be in

At Property Insurance Centre we understand the needs of Shop Owners and understand that every building and circumstance is different. We can work with our insurers and tailor a policy to suit your exact needs.

Whether you want to apply for quotes online or speak to one of our experienced team, we aim to give you the best Shop Insurance cover at the right price.

As a specialist insurance broker, we strive to give our clients the best service with:

  • Independent broker with approachable staff online or by phone

  • Bespoke Insurance Schemes & Portfolio Policies available

  • Competitive Premiums

  • Cover available for the buildings while the property is being converted, renovated or extended


  • Excellent communication so that you understand what risks you are insured against

Who Needs Shop Insurance?

Commercial Property Insurance is for landlords who rent out their property for commercial use such as offices, shops, pubs, restaurants, warehouses, surgeries through to a lock up garage. As a Commercial Property Owner you are subject to a variety of risks for the building and contents as well as from the liabilities you have towards your tenants.

Rental properties by nature are at a higher risk of being damaged or repair work not being reported and taken care of. What may be ignored as a small patch of damp could in fact be a burst pipe slowly rotting away your ceiling and without it being reported, you could be completely unaware of an issue until serious damage has been done. Commercial Buildings Insurance can help recover the costs of repairing or rebuilding your property should an accident happen.

Call us on 0800 085 3761 or contact us here to get a range of Commercial Landlord Insurance Quotes.

What does Shop Insurance Cover?


-Stock Protection

-Contents And Fittings

-Cash Cover

-Business Interruption

-Goods in Transit

Why buy Shop Insurance with Property Insurance Centre?

PIC understands the pressures the modern shopkeeper is under and as such; has an extensive range of policies to cover the insurance needs of all types of shops found on the high street. We take the effort out of finding the best policy for your individual needs; one call to us is all it takes. We search from a wide range of trusted and specialist insurers .

We deal with a wide range of businesses, whether it is a newsagent, green grocer, florist, butcher or any other retailer, we can find you the right level of insurance policy and tailor it to your needs.

As a specialist insurance broker, we strive to give our clients the best service with:

Easy to contact staff both online and over the phone
Access to a wide panel of insurers to source the right insurance cover for your business.

Nearly 40 years experience working with the best insurers in the UK.
A wide choice of policies and levels of cover – so that you are never over or under insured, neither are you spending money on covers you don’t need.

The ability, as professional insurance brokers, to get this type of ‘hard to place risks’ on cover with reputable insurers.

Excellent communication so that you understand what risks you are insured against.

Call us on 0800 085 3761 or contact us here to get a range of Shop Insurance Quotes.

Property Owners that have bought the property themselves from where they will run their own business

If you own the premises from which your business is run then you may wish to take out Commercial Contents Insurance which will protect the contents in your building such as computers, desks, stock or tools as opposed to the physical building itself.

You may wish to take out a Commercial Combined Policy which can provide cover for stock, business fixtures and fittings, money kept on site, business interruption, goods in transit, liabilities and the building. This type of cover is often the most cost effective option rather than having a separate Commercial Buildings Insurance, Commercial Contents Insurance and a Liability Policy.

Landlords that own the building and let it out to Commercial Tenants for Rental Income

If you are the landlord of a Commercial Building you must make it clear between yourself and your tenant who is responsible for insuring what as typically your tenants contents will not be covered under your policy. Some landlords arrange Commercial Premises Insurance for their building and charge the tenant the premium, however they will still be responsible for insuring their own contents and equipment.

Optional Cover can also be arranged to include:

Employers Liability Insurance – This will protect you against a claim if a member of the public or an employee were to have an accident at your premises. Employers Liability Insurance is a requirement by UK law if you have any employees working for you, even if they are part time volunteers. Liability claims can be extremely costly as well as time consuming with a lot of legal protocol to follow.

If an employee were to have an accident as a direct result of working for you, you could have to pay legal fees and compensation as well as maybe having to take time off work to attend court dates or get legal advice. Many SME’s struggle to reopen after an incident like this if they don’t have adequate insurance. This can be due to the financial losses incurred or even the damage done to your businesses reputation.

Cover for Unoccupied Commercial Properties – If your property is empty for 30 days or more, specialist unoccupied property cover is needed. Unoccupied Property Insurance often provides the most basic of cover against perils such fire lightning, earthquake and explosion.

Call our team now on 0800 085 3761 now to discuss your requirements and get your Block of Flats Insurance on Cover in minutes.